We’re sure you’ve heard of the Keto diet and all its glory. Whether it’s a friend who raves about the keto diet or something you’ve seen online, it’s safe to say that people are loving the results that come from the keto diet. Increased energy, weight loss, reduced hunger, and more focus. What else could you ask for?
The keto diet is a high fat, low carb diet. It focuses on healthy fats and limited protein intake. Doing so pushes your body into a state called ketosis which forces your body to burn stored fat for energy rather than glucose. Say goodbye to those sugar rushes! It’s known to promote brain function, improve heart health, help with weight loss, and much more. If you’re looking to lose weight then the keto diet may be right for you. The benefits are undeniable with weight loss being the primary, but following the plan itself can be challenging. Learning what you can and can’t eat or possibly experiencing symptoms of the keto flu are all too real. Balance is key! Thankfully there are supplements out there, like keto BHB, that can support the keto lifestyle and make healthy living, and weight loss, that much easier.
What Happens To The Body In Ketosis?
Let’s face it, you may have heard of the keto diet and even tried it, but you may not actually know what’s happening to your body- And that’s ok! Here’s a quick refresher.
During ketosis, the body will produce ketones which will naturally force the body to change its primary source of energy from glucose to stored fat. While in ketosis there are three ketones that the body produces:
What Is Keto BHB?
BHB, which is formally known as beta-hydroxybutyrate, is considered the miracle molecule of ketosis and for many reasons. When fat is broken down, the ketone BHB is formed. However, BHB doesn’t only aid the body when it goes into ketosis, but it also provides energy to all parts of the body including the brain. Because of this, taking BHB as a supplement can add additional support to someone following the keto diet and therefore, weight loss.
How Does Keto BHB Help With Weight Loss?
In general, the keto diet is known to help people lose weight. However, some people struggle to follow the diet to kick their body into ketosis. On average, it can take 2-4 days but depending on varying factors such as a person's activity level, metabolism, age, carb/fat/protein intake it may take a little longer. The quicker you can get into ketosis, the sooner you can start reaping the benefits such as weight loss. That’s where BHB comes in!
Are There Benefits?
As mentioned above, BHB is known to provide energy to all parts of the body including the brain. That’s because it can easily provide energy to the brain and muscle tissue thanks to the ease of brain-blood access. In other words, BHB is great because it does more than your average supplement. Because of this, the following benefits have been shown to come from keto BHB:
- Reduced Hunger- Most diets will leave people with hunger pains, but one reason the keto diet is a favorite among many people is because it’s known to reduce hunger. And when you’re not hungry, you’re not overeating and can lose weight more efficiently. With BHB, your ketone levels will increase which is directly related to suppressed appetites.
- Improved Focus- Think of it as food for your brain. When someone enters the ketosis state, the body begins to break down fat for energy activating BHB. When BHB is created, it sends signals to other parts of the body including the brain resulting in improved mental awareness.
- Increased Energy- All of us in the keto community can agree that fat bombs are the best, some will even say they’re the way of life… They are pretty amazing, but sometimes we need a little something extra to get us through. If you’re new to keto, fat bombs are a delicious high-fat, keto snack-size bite. Perfect as a snack, for an energy boost, or simply as a treat. That’s where BHB comes into play. Some will say BHB is a more efficient fuel than glucose because it provides more energy per oxygen unit. This makes sense because as your body goes through diet changes, such as the keto diet, it needs to switch gears both mentally and physically. Because BHB is extremely abundant and stable, it’s the main ketone used for energy so it only makes sense to offer increased energy when taken as a supplement.
- Can Help Decrease Keto-Flu Symptoms- Transitioning into the keto lifestyle can come with an adjustment period that makes you feel sick with flu-like symptoms. This is the infamous keto-flu and don’t worry, it’s normal and will pass. Nausea, fatigues, dizziness, and headache are common symptoms. Taking BHB can help deplete these symptoms by supplying the body with fuel that’s ready to rock and roll. Based on the other benefits discussed, BHB sounds like the perfect cure to any keto-flu. Keep in mind that staying hydrated is also essential when going through the keto-flu. Consider taking a keto-friendly electrolyte powder with keto BHB so tackle any keto-flu symptoms you may experience.
- Increased Time to Enter Ketosis- Your body will naturally create the ketone BHB as you transition into ketosis, but if you’re struggling to get there then BHB can also help. Think of it as an accelerator to get you into ketosis and start burning that stubborn stored fat for fuel.
Who Should Take Keto BHB?
Anyone looking for help losing weight should look into taking keto BHB supplements. We all know that in order to lose weight we need to eat right, stay energized, focused, and active. Those are all the benefits that come with taking BHB.
Keto BHB is known to burn fat without losing muscle mass and can even aid in helping with those pesky carb crashes when you have a keto cheat meal. Those are just two more reasons why someone looking to lose weight should give BHB a try.
Other people who can benefit from taking BHB is anyone looking to:
- Boost physical and mental performance
- Avoid sugar crashes
- Support weight loss efforts
- Supplement their keto diet
Keto BHB is considered safe to take and simply makes a great thing greater. That great thing being the keto diet! Ketosis comes with many benefits so supplementing with something that offers support to it can do wonders. We all want to look and feel our best. Since BHB helps with weight loss, but can also affect the brain, it’s a win-win!
When To Take Keto BHB?
BHB most commonly comes in the form of powder or capsules, also known as BHB sodium, and can be taken pretty much anytime during the day. Try taking it in the morning to replace your breakfast, in between meals, or if you’re someone who intermittent fasts, it would be great to take during your fasting window to give you that extra boost. Some people even swear that taking it right before a workout or during a workout will give you more energy to handle the exercise.
When it comes to keto BHB and weight loss, it’s important to know that you can’t have one without the other. Ketosis and BHB go hand in hand like the keto diet and weight loss. And that’s a great thing! If you’ve begun your weight loss journey or you’re experiencing a stall along the way with your weight, then look into adding BHB to your diet to take things up a notch. However, make sure any of the supplements you add to your diet are clean and support your keto weight loss efforts, such as those from Adapted Nutrition. Keto-friendly supplements aren’t all made equal so do the research to find the highest of quality products so you know you’re fueling your body with the best.
Deciding to follow a keto diet is a great first step in the right direction, but actually entering ketosis is another thing. Any diet change comes with its challenges so getting into the keto diet is an accomplishment you should be proud of. However, taking advantage of the help that is out there isn’t a problem. That’s exactly what BHB is- It’s the additional help you need to get you into ketosis quicker and therefore expedite your weight loss journey whether you’re just starting or experiencing a stall. Adding BHB to your keto diet and adding in routine exercise is a recipe for success especially if you’re looking for ways to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle.