- 2 avocados halved with pit removed
- 4 medium eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 strips of bacon diced and cooked till crispy optional
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup spinach chopped
- chopped fresh herbs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Line a baking sheet or baking pan with foil or parchment paper (for easier cleanup).
- Cut avocados in half and scoop an additional 1-2 tablespoons of the avocado flesh out to create a larger nest for the eggs.
- Position the avocado halves propped against the baking dish or touching the other avocados snugly to avoid spilling over. You can also place a small ramekin and prop them against the avocados.
- Gently crack one egg in each avocado half - if needed - save some of the egg whites in another bowl if the avocado well is too small.
- Bake for 13-18 minutes, or until the whites are set and the egg yolks are cooked to your liking.
- 13-14 min. - softer yolks
- 15-16 min. - medium yolks
- 17-18 min. - hard-boiled yolks