- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs OR 4 chicken breasts
- fine sea salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter ghee or olive oil - divided
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup drained sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup loosely packed spinach chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly chopped basil
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet with 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear on both sides, until brown and cooked through. About 7-8 minutes on each side for chicken thighs and 5-6 minutes on each side for chicken breasts. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside
- Heat the remaining butter in the same pan and add garlic and Italian seasoning. Cook for 30 seconds until fragrant then stir in sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another minute. Add the heavy cream, chicken broth until smooth.
- Add the parmesan and allow the sauce to simmer and thicken slightly. Add the spinach and chicken back to the pan and turn off the heat and leave until chicken is heated through and spinach is wilted.
- Serve with your favorite sides or over zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice.