- 4-5 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 lb jumbo raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp butter OR ghee
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Using a spiralizer, vegetable peeler or a mandoline, make the zucchini noodles. Then, set aside. (You can also sprinkle with salt for 10-15 minutes to remove some moisture - this helps prevent the zoodles from getting soggy.
- Heat the butter (or oil) in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Allow cooking for about 1-2 minutes undisturbed.
- Add the garlic, then flip the shrimp and allow to cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until pink and no longer translucent. Add lemon juice, Italian seasoning, paprika and chili flakes (if using). Use tongs to gently transfer shrimp to a plate leaving the sauce in the pan.
- Add zucchini to the pan and toss for about 30 seconds to a minute to coat. Add the shrimp back to the pan and toss again until everything is warmed through (do not overcook to avoid zucchini noodles from getting soggy).
- Remove from heat and serve hot with a sprinkle of parsley if desired.